Customer Notice: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Updated Face Mask Mandate
April 19, 2022
Fullington has prioritized the health and safety of its team members and customers throughout the pandemic and has supported the federal government’s measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. In accordance with the Transportation Security Administration no longer enforcing the federal face mask mandate, face masks on all our buses and in facilities is optional with the following exceptions:
- Cross border trips will require masks once the bus crosses the border into Canada and Mexico until CA and MX remove their requirements
- Mask will still be required if mandated by local municipalities
In light of current health and travel concerns, we are sharing our cleaning processes and some travel reminders to help keep everyone healthy, safe, and comfortable while traveling with Fullington.
Motor Coach Disinfecting Process
Motor coaches are thoroughly cleaned at the end of their daily runs as well as during the day as time permits/customer requirements allow. All hard surfaces and high touch areas (handrails, arm rests, overhead rails, etc.) are cleaned and sanitized daily with disinfectant cleaners. These products are effective at killing the coronavirus and influenza on surfaces including handrails, restroom door handles, restroom interiors, and the floors of each coach- including restroom floors and windows.
After the coach is cleaned, the entire coach is sprayed with an ULV fogger (ultra low volume). This unit dispenses, a non-toxic sanitizing solution, which effectively kills influenza and coronavirus. The ULV fogger turns the sanitizing solution into tiny airborne droplets through the use of large volumes of air at low pressures allowing the product to get into areas inside the coach that would otherwise be difficult/impossible to reach.
In addition to the cleaning process, hand sanitizer is available in the restroom on every coach.
Fullington Customer Lobby areas & Terminals Disinfecting Process
Facility surfaces are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and regularly at the end of each day. Terminals have hand sanitizers available at ticket counters and more hand sanitizers will be available at exit points.
When you are ready to travel.. Fullington will be ready for you!!
Below are some safe reminders to all travelers:
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then dispose of properly.
- Understand the symptoms and stay home when sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- When possible, wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (60-95% alcohol).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
At Fullington, the well-being and comfort of our customers is our top priority. Therefore, we will continue to monitor public health concerns and keep you informed with necessary information. We will continue to follow all state guidelines (ex. masks) and could potentially be reducing vehicle capacities/ridership numbers as we move forward with reopening our intercity line runs and charter services.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact Chris Springer, General Manager, at (814) 355-4900.
Fullington Extreme Clean Commitment
The Fullington Auto Bus Company has proudly prioritized the safety of our passengers above all else for the more than 112 years we have been in operation. As many states open back up and are allowing travel, we will continue to put the safety of our passengers first and provide a comfortable and safe travel experience.
Every motor coach is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each use as follows:
- Removal of all dirt and debris, flooring mopped
- Special focus on disinfecting high touch points such as entrance area handrails, parcel rack handrails, door latches, and window release bars as well as
- Passenger seat headrests, armrests, seat belts and seat accessories
- All surfaces in the restroom including door handles
- All surfaces within the driver’s area
We help everyone stay safely distanced:
- When you travel with Fullington, the bus is yours to use for your group. This means you control the number of guests per bus, how far away they sit from each other, and must ensure all local guidelines are being followed regarding social distancing.
- Your driver is trained in social distancing protocols and will practice these techniques throughout your travel experience.
- When you charter the bus, you determine the overall count of people on board...from 15-55, it’s individualized for your group and their relationship.
- Hand sanitizers provided in the front and rear of the coach
- Passengers are encouraged to wear a face covering; it’s required for our drivers
- Maintain physical distancing as you enter and exit the coach where possible
- PLEASE do not travel if you’re sick – we can always help you another time
- We consistently comply with guidance as provided by our industry associations,
- as well as the CDC, WHO and local governments
- Our drivers, mechanics and staff have been trained in best practices, including those related to baggage handling (customers may be asked to load/unload their bags)
- Our additional investments in intensified cleaning and protection help ensure a sanitary environment
We are going the extra mile to keep our coaches clean and safe for you based on current federal guidelines.