Diesel Mechanic: Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul buses, and all types of diesel and gas engines. Includes working primarily with automobile diesel engines.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly. Ability to pay attention to the minute details for a project or task. Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety. Effectively communicate both written and orally Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures. Ethical-Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
Skills & Abilities:
Education: Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school)
Experience: Five years related experience.
Certifications and Licenses: Class B PA State Inspection License/CDL
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Test drive buses to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect, diagnosis, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and repair accessories.
- Rebuild gas or diesel engines.
- Align front ends and suspension systems.
- Monitors spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Oversee all paper work and order parts and equipment. Responsible for managing all purchase orders.
School Bus Drivers: Ask about our $500 sign on bonus. At Fullington, our first priority is safety. If you are a safe and reliable driver, we would like the opportunity to speak with you about joining our team of customer-oriented safety-minded school bus drivers. We currently have immediate openings for school bus drivers at our Bellefonte, Philipsburg, and Southern Columbia School District locations. Training is available, you must have your birth certificates if not currently a CDL licensed driver. This is a great way to make a difference in a child’s life and the perfect job for stay-at-home parents, retirees, or anyone looking to earn extra money.
Trailways bus cleaner: Full-time openings nights and weekends @ our State College location. Wash or otherwise clean buses and other equipment. Use such materials as water, cleaning agents, brushes, cloths, and hoses. Some duties include: inspect parts, equipment, and vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations. Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, cloths, cleaners, disinfectants, abrasives, vacuums, and hoses. Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, and other compounds, according to formulas, activate cleaning equipment or machines, clean and polish vehicle windows. Drive vehicles on company property/lot. Eligible candidate should be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace, be organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task, be dependable and trustworthy, obtain proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
Motorcoach Drivers: SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED! $250 FOR PART-TIME AND $1000 FOR FULL-TIME Looking for a new adventure? Need to earn some extra money? If you like working with people, enjoy driving, want to see new and exciting places…well then Fullington Trailways has a job for you! We currently have full and part-time opportunities available for motorcoach drivers. We also offer a competitive salary, paid time off, and a complete benefits package. Sound good? Get off the internet and get on the bus with Fullington Trailways! No CDL? Don't worry, we'll help you get one. Qualified individuals should apply today and be on your way to a fun and rewarding new career!
Apply by uploading your cover letter and resume below or stopping by one of our office locations to complete an application. (No phone calls, please.)