Motor Coach Drivers
Come See the World with Us!
Are you seeking a career where you have the chance travel, meet new people, see new places, and earn up to $60,000 annually…then Fullington Trailways is where you want to be! Fullington has been helping our passengers get safely and comfortably across America and Canada for over 110 years. We provide a variety of services such as daily departures, charters, public and private tours, and VIP limo services.
We offer a $1500 sign on bonus, paid training, safe driving bonus, paid vacation/holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, 401k.
To qualify you must: pass pre-employment drug test and physical exam, have an acceptable driving record and criminal history, be at least 21 years of age, possess a class A or B CDL with proper endorsements or be willing to obtain, have exceptional customer service skills.
Job Status: Full/Part-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervisory Position: No
Reports to: Dispatch
- To transport and deliver passengers by driving a large (26,001 or more pounds gross vehicle weight rate) Motor coach safety, comfortably, professionally and in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive, and incumbents are expected to perform all duties as assigned or directed. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, consistent with applicable law.
- Inspect motor coach for defects and safe operating conditions before, during, and after trips; and submit a written report on the condition of the motor coach at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
- Assist with boarding and discharge of passengers.
- Drive motor coach to destination in accordance with federal regulations, normally in a period of up to 10 hours of driving followed by an off-duty period of at least eight (8) consecutive hours.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy congested traffic, inclement weather, etc.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, and other record required by law and Fullington Trailways, LLC.
- Perform frequent loading and unloading of passenger luggage.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Promptly report all accidents/incidents involving driver, passengers, and/or company equipment.
- Promptly report to the dispatch department any delays due to breakdowns, weather conditions, traffic conditions, or other emergencies or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of passengers.
- Accurately and effectively pre-plan all assigned routes/trips
- Effectively, efficiently, and safely adjust planned route to account for changed circumstances (i.e. Re-routes in remote locations due to construction, accidents, etc.)
- Maintain safe conditions at all times for passengers and motor coach (i.e. understands where undesirable conditions exist and makes appropriate decisions and adjustment).
- Maintain security of the motor coach and passengers
- Maintain the motor coach interior, exterior and restroom
- Verify that the motor coach has the necessary supplies to maintain a sanitary environment (i.e. toilet paper, garbage bags, paper towels, cleaning supplies, and toilet chemicals).
- Independently address appropriate maintenance on motor coach
- Recognize issues that require maintenance on motor coach
- Repairs non-major malfunctions and/or other issues
- Get assistance for the passengers by calling or having someone call professional help, such as the police and emergency teams. As much as possible, comfort passengers who may have been injured or who are passengers on the trip. Provide aid within the limits of your training.
- Interface professionally with customers, hotels, accommodations, co-workers, and the general public.
- Attend regularly scheduled drivers’ meetings.
- Communicate with passengers in a professional manner.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- Class A or B with a passenger endorsement
- Air Brake test for the removal of the air brake restriction
- Must be at least 21 years of age for insurance requirements
- Must have good oral communication skills
- Able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records
- Must be able to follow instructions and take direction
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle and safety control systems
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance and transportation of passengers
- Must be available to accommodate passenger movement and must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time
- Driver will be subject to irregular work schedules, temperature and weather extremes, long trips, short notice of assignment of a trip, tight daily schedules, and delays en route and other stresses and fatigue related to driving a large commercial motor vehicle on crowded streets and highways in all kinds of weather including icy conditions
Minimum Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.