BECOME A SCHOOL BUS DRIVER TODAY!
- * Part-Time with flexible scheduling!
- * Same schedule as your children – SUMMERS OFF!
- * Sign-On Bonus of $3,000 to $3,500.00!
- * Safe Driving Bonuses!
- * Annual bonus for returning each school year!
- * Paid training to get your CDL license and s-endorsement!
To transport and deliver school students by driving in a safe and timely manner as assigned and to present a favorable, professional image for public relations to the parents, students, and the community.
Responsibilities and Duties:
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive, and incumbents are expected to perform all duties as assigned or directed. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, consistent with applicable law.
- * On time to perform designated school district routes, and maintains a consistent schedule for pick-up and drop-off times.
- * Drive school bus to destination in accordance with school district, federal and state regulations. (i.e. Traffic regulations, railroad crossing)
- * Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight areas.
- * Report all accidents/incidents involving driver, students or company equipment, immediately. No matter how big or small. Report highway safety hazards noted en route.
- * Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, or traffic conditions or other emergencies or in the event irregularities relating to the pickup or delivery of students.
- * Maintains student discipline on the bus by following the School District policy on reporting any discipline problems on the proper form and submitting the form to the appropriate company personnel or school district personnel.
- * Keeps the school bus clean and free of obstructions.
- * Attends safety and other meetings as requested.
- * Must possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License.
- * Class A or B with a School Bus Endorsement, Passenger Endorsement and Air Brakes.
- * Must be of at least the age of 18 years old.
- * Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- * Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and transportation of passengers.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- * High School Diploma or GED
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change