We are seeking a take charge, creative thinking and highly self-motivated candidate for our open Dispatch Supervisor position to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter with the ability to communicate and interface effectively throughout all levels of the organization and with multiple departments simultaneously. The lead dispatcher role will be required to work a varied schedule with a primary part of the schedule to include weekends and evenings.
DISPATCHER ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Daily communication and management of an assigned group of skilled motor coach drivers.
- Build trust and working relationship with all company drivers to create a team-oriented culture.
- Assign trips and monitor movements in order to provide safe on-time service to our customers.
- Monitor driver performance and ensure compliance with D.O.T. regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage in a changing environment.
- Communicate with internal and external customers electronically and via telephone with regards to scheduling and assignments.
- Enter, edit, and update appropriate information via appropriate computer systems.
- Perform administrative duties and provide timely reports and information to internal departments as required.
DISPATCHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in business or logistics related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Coach Manager Software Experience (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior managerial or leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of D.O.T. regulations and hours of service required
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Above average computer knowledge and skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Outlook